Estes Hatchery?

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
Anyone here use them?

I have a shipment from them going out on the 25th.
12 Salmon Faverolles, 10 "Ameracuanas" (EE's), 7 Cinnamon Queens, and 5 Embden goslings.
I am nervous as I have never bought from them before and the chicks are making a far trip from them in Montana to me in Rhode Island... *bites nails*

I ordered guineas from them last August and when several were dead on arrival at the PO they sent me twice as many as replacements. Very good customer service.

It's how I got the title "Overrun with Guineas".

lol.png

A friend and I ordered 25 pullets last June. They sent 4 "peanuts" giving us 29. We ended up with 3 roosters which is 10% and acceptable in my book. :eek:) They were all healthy and they all lived. And we are in southwest Florida!

Our feed/farm store orders from there. But we are only 3-4 hrs away. From what I've seen the chicks and duckies look good but I have seen a couple of not so good ones either in the same batch. The healthy far outways the sick. I should like to think you will get a good shipment.

Thye are very healthy and thrive well,I did get one black bantam cochin chick with a cross beak though.
My EE's came in a variaty of colors and did well....

We stopped in at Orshelins in Nevada, MO when we went down south this last week. They had chick days and got their chicks from Estes out of Springfield. The chicks were all sold out. All they had left were 5 CornishX and baby ducks.

My son and I have both gotten chicks from them and could not have gotten healthier chicks or better service. Last year I order 30, received 33 and did not lose a single chick. It's a family business and you could not ask for nicer people to deal with. I live in Michigan so the chickens were shipped over 700 miles and I received them the day after they hatched.

Back
Top Bottom