Etsy Sellings Pt2

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
18DC99F2-1C69-4660-BCC8-AD7C8631467F.jpeg
I made this today. If I sold them on etsy would anyone buy one? They’re roughly 4”x6” wood pieces and can come in different colors! Or if you have any other ideas for sayings lmk!

I'd switch to a different font on "an, as fast as you can" and do a cleaner font like 'minta', but that's just me. It's cute, I think they'd sell!
It’s the font I liked but i can definitely switch fonts! I have to be careful using certain fonts because some of them are for personal use only so i couldn’t sell any that had that specific font. For instance “minta” font, if i downloaded it, it’s only for personal use!

It’s the font I liked but i can definitely switch fonts! I have to be careful using certain fonts because some of them are for personal use only so i couldn’t sell any that had that specific font. For instance “minta” font, if i downloaded it, it’s only for personal use!
Ah yes, I forgot about copyright issues, sorry. I have a personal beef with comic sans but like I said, it just me :plbb normal people aren't going to notice or care.
Where are you getting your fonts?

Ah yes, I forgot about copyright issues, sorry. I have a personal beef with comic sans but like I said, it just me :plbb normal people aren't going to notice or care.
Where are you getting your fonts?
The cosmic sans one is just a common font on the design space. But the “lay me, egg” is one i had downloaded from i believe font space or dafont 😂 I played around with some of the fonts and for some reason most of them didn’t look right together to me 🤣🤣

I’m planning on putting this one in the coop but the vinyl i use is permanent, i might have to put a protective layer over the wood so that it’s protected from elements if put outside
You will want to seal it with a UV protectant sealer for outdoor use. Most vinyls only last a few years outside in the best conditions without any kind of additional protection, and direct sun exposure accelerates this. 2 or 3 layers of something like minwax spar helmsman urethane will help extend the outdoor life of the piece.

Alternatively, you can adjust your process and eliminate the vinyl. Paint the whole thing white, lay your vinyl over it, paint everything blue on top of the white, peel the vinyl, exposing the white base layer underneath. Effectively you're using it as a stencil mask, and then you won't have the issues of it cracking and peeling over a few years.

I would still seal these for outdoor use in either case, mama sunshine is not kind to art over time.

You will want to seal it with a UV protectant sealer for outdoor use. Most vinyls only last a few years outside in the best conditions without any kind of additional protection, and direct sun exposure accelerates this. 2 or 3 layers of something like minwax spar helmsman urethane will help extend the outdoor life of the piece.

Alternatively, you can adjust your process and eliminate the vinyl. Paint the whole thing white, lay your vinyl over it, paint everything blue on top of the white, peel the vinyl, exposing the white base layer underneath. Effectively you're using it as a stencil mask, and then you won't have the issues of it cracking and peeling over a few years.

I would still seal these for outdoor use in either case, mama sunshine is not kind to art over time.
OMG YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Back
Top Bottom