Euthanasia Emergency

Try this web site.
sad.png

http://www.alysion.org/euthanasia/

Sorry it took so long for me to post. Thank you all for your words of kindness and different suggestions.

We only had Henry a short while, but he filled our home with so much love. Henry lived in the house with me & my husband Dan, along with another cockerel who was born blind. He loved to be held by Dan and he loved to sit with me on the computer. He got rocked at night before going to bed. He had a wonderful personality, very docile, timid, just eager for love. I rescued him when he was 1 month old. He had been the runt of a hatch and was living off his own fecal matter from what I was told. It was not a good living condition for him. He had been ill since we got him, but we felt in our hearts we could love and will him to live.

Some friends and family feel I should have put Henry down when he was a baby, but I wanted him to have the chance to live. I feel we gave him the best we could. I can say that about a 2 months ago he took a turn for the better and mated with 2 of my hens. We now have 5 rambling little peeps that are going to be 3 weeks old next tuesday.

I know the feeling of loss will pass eventually and the memories will last forever. Thank you for letting me vent. I do not know any of you personally but feel I have a world of friends on this site, I have gained so much knowledge from so many of you.

DeeDee & Dan

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Henry. Although the pain is still very fresh for you, please know that Henry knew he was loved, and you cared for him and protected him. That is far more than many animals get in a lifetime. Henry was blessed to have you for his guardians, and you were blessed by him in turn. My condolences.

Ok, I'm gonna cry now
hit.gif
You must post pics of Henry's babies. What a cool legacy he's left behind.

I'm so sorry for your loss...losing such a beloved "pet" is never easy. I hate to use the word "pet" bc Henry seemed to be more than that to you and your husband.

Hold on to the special memories that he brought to you and I hope they bring you some sort of comfort. You gave him a wonderful life and I'm sure he knew he was very much loved!

Again..I'm so sorry.
sad.png

Deedee, I am so very sorry for your loss. You are both angels for giving him a chance at life and love. He isn't really gone because he lives on in his chicks.

Back
Top Bottom