Euthanization

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by redhead_19_79, Feb 5, 2011.

1. redhead_19_79

redhead_19_79 In the Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Hello all. I just wanted to let you all know that there is another option for euthanization other than chopping the birds head off. I had to put my baby girl Ethel down on Thursday and could not bring myself to do it so I started calling around to local places and found out that the Humane Society will euthanize any animal for free and just ask for a donation. I am happy to donate to such a great organization and they were super nice. They doctor came and took her back and then came out about 5 minutes later to let me know that it was done. It seemed to be pretty quick and painless (I hope). I know some people on here don't feel its worth spending the money on a $5 chicken but for me it was worth it. I just wanted to let everyone else know that they have another option when its their birds time as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. kla37

kla37 Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    That is a great suggestion for the more tenderhearted! Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your pet! [​IMG]

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I am sorry for the passing of your sweet Ethel [​IMG]

That is a wonderful option.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: