"Evening wear?"

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So I got invited to a wedding and stupid me--didn't even ASK what sort of attire was required (hey, I got married in a field). Anyway--I finally heard back from the bride-to-be today and she said it's "pretty formal--evening wear." What the heck? I don't even OWN a dress!?

Looks like you will now!
smile.png

Borrow one. Rent one. You can actually pick up a few good ones in consignment stores. Got a great Alfred Nippon black formal wear for $5 in Goodwill. Looks killer.

Have fun
big_smile.png
--- we don't get tot go really dressy enough these days.

Go to a second hand one and buy one--it'll be less expensive. Or, you could always buy a classic black dress......sometimes it's good to have one. I don't blame you....I hate getting dressed up. Jeans and a t-shirt is my absolute fav. I work in an office, and I usually have to wear dress pants and a blouse.......sigh. Wish I could wear my casual stuff all the time......

you would be amazed at what you can find at the local costume rental store. Dont laugh they have all kinds of attire, they will alter it to fit your body, they will dry clean it when you are done and for very little cost

i actually have a brand new black dress my mom got for my brothers wedding that she gave me to sell. you can have it. she spent a good dime on it. i don tknow your size( about 1/3 of me LOL)

its got to be somewhere in a 10-14

pm me if you want me to go check the size for you and take a pic. Seriously, ill send it to you... get it out of my house.. im fatter than it LMAO

I got my prom dresses from Fashion bug for about $50...and that was including all the accessories like jewelry, shoes, scarves, etc. I got a lot of use out of those dresses! The first one I wore to my oldest cousin's wedding, and the second one I wore to several formal dances and I will be wearing it this winter to my other cousin's wedding.

You can get a simple long black skirt, then a sparkly top for it. If you need to, you can use a different top to give it a totally different look. I had to do this when traveling and trying to keep my suitcase lighter.
Slinky

Quote:
You sound like me-if I had to go to a formal event, I would be up a creek without a paddle.
LBD works every time, though-plain little black dress-you can dress those bad boys up really easily.

Back
Top Bottom