Ever chased a hawk while wearing a dress?

many years ago I helped a mini-mare deliver her foal and ruined my one-and-only Ralph Lauren dress --- I just walked down to the barn to check on the mama-to-be when I got home from school -- discovered her struggling to give birth -- what a mess -- but the vet was quite impressed when she arrived --
first time she'd seen an equine mid-wife in a designer dress and heels --

My goats used to get out their yard and cars would pass day or night and honk their horns. Then my new mule learned to jump the fence and cars would pass and honk their horns.
at 7.15 1 morning this summer a car was in my drive way honking its horn to wake me up. I was like darn mule is out again. I got up, ran for my crocs which are chewed down to only my toes being covered and ran out the door.
The mule had jumped the fence and chased the next door neighbors dog off the property and down the road. Im running across the yard with a scoop of feed shouting for Moo to come get dinner. When I saw she was coming home I looked to thank the guy who was standing there and noticed it was a mini van full of a work crew. Im standing there in a t shirt and panties and a chewed pair of crocs with a bed head. Im sure they laugh every time they pass my house

I haven't tried that one yet...

but I've been known to chase after escaping quail around the yard with a muskie net ( I wear camo so they can't see me)
wink.png

Quote:
Lol....no but I have been hit in the breast by a bulls horns leaves pretty nasty marks to heal. Hard to heal skin/tissue what ever it is....been at least 3 weeks now and did it ever hurt. That was through the fence too and not trying to ram me. Just was moving its head around when trying to throw hay over. He is gone now and was a pain. Don't let them get too friendly that was the problem then they take advantage of you.
wink.png

There are just too many hilarious stories here to pick one to quote but gofasterstripe, sourland and J.Pryce are too good not to mention!
gig.gif

OMG you all had me ROFL! Surprised DW didn't wake up.

When I was still in high school I woke up one morning to my neighbors dogs attacking my chickens. Ran outside so fast I forgot I was still in my boxers! The neighbors and my Dad for that matter had a good laugh!

Lol what a picture! I have basic bird netting up and I get tangled in it easy when I happen to step into some on the ground.So far I have not tangled a hawk in it.

Back
Top Bottom