Ever forget your anniversary?

LA~Poulet :

We forgot to eat the traditional top layer of our wedding cake on our first anniversary.

We both forgot ours once, our fourth or sixth, not sure, until my MIL called to wish us a happy day,
big_smile.png

May (our anniversary month) is always so insanely busy with other weddings, birthdays, school events, etc, it is a crazy time for us.

We didn't eat ours either. I had no idea that was supposed to be a tradition, but upon visiting my husbands family about a year and a half after we were married his mother whipped our cake top out of her freezer. I asked "what the heck is that"?! She explained that were were supposed to eat it, but my husband and I walked outside and tossed that freezer burned thing into the creek!​

LOL Amy! I was a little disturbed at the idea, too, so we had ours triple wrapped in saran, then with foil, then put in a large tupperware container. We ate it after one year, and it tasted just the same as on our wedding day.

Cake actually freezes very well, sealed correctly. Cookies, too. They are more moist when they defrost.

As unromantic as it sounds, we don't bother. It's March 18th, so I do know the day, but we agreed that birthdays and christmas were the only "fussy days" we'd have to deal with remembering (my birthday is next to valentine's day, so he picks, one or the other I don't mind which).

However.... I hadn't thought of the possiability of getting eggs for semi-holidays.... muhahahahahaha ha...

gig.gif

Neither of us remember our anniversary because neither of us can remember what day we got married. The month and year is the best we can do. I have a wedding sampler that I am in the process of embroidering. When I get it finished and framed and on the wall, then we will know when to celebrate our anniversary. Until then, not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom