Ever get 2/3rd thru the day....

We live in a dry county. What is wrong with these people?
rant.gif

I love a glass of ice cold piesporter after a long day of working in the sun. Aaaahhhhhh!

Quote:
That's a good question! I grew up here (I live on the other side of Spencer) and the whole area was dry as a bone. It's a little better now, but not much. Always thought it was strange to live in the land of Jack Daniels and George Dickel and have the whole area be dry. We used to have to be careful playing in the woods around here because there were so many stills around. It's not that people didn't drink... they just didn't do it publicly. Nothing like living in the buckle of the Bible belt!

Quote:
That's a good question! I grew up here (I live on the other side of Spencer) and the whole area was dry as a bone. It's a little better now, but not much. Always thought it was strange to live in the land of Jack Daniels and George Dickel and have the whole area be dry. We used to have to be careful playing in the woods around here because there were so many stills around. It's not that people didn't drink... they just didn't do it publicly. Nothing like living in the buckle of the Bible belt!

Wow- you're not far at all! We're right outside Fall Creek Falls. They finally voted to allow liquer/wine sales in Sequatchie county last year. You would not (or maybe ya would!) believe the protesters outside the first store with all the "wrath of god" and all you sinners will burn in hell" signs. It was hilarious
gig.gif
So much for the water into wine thing, eh?

Gotta love the shine though. We usually get a quart and fill it with cinnamon sticks for Christmas
big_smile.png

Quote:
Funny I was just thinking about that the other day. Down here it's not a whole county thing, but a voting district thing. Which is why in parts of Arlington (small bit but still) you can buy liquor, but in other's you can't... and the whole city is withing Tarrant County. Recently they passed the thing to allow wine in addition to beer, so now even CVS has some.

I figure that the two sides on that argument might be:
1) If hard liquor is around then more will drink it, and more will drive drunk to restock.
2) IF they are going to drive to restock, particularly if loopy already, best to make it a short trip.

Just a thought... yes, yes I do tend to overanalyze.

Back
Top Bottom