Ever get a song stuck in your head?

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
One that you just can't get out? Okay, good. Now, have you ever gotten things stuck in your head that are as weird as these?

Soviet National Anthem. This one refuses to leave and I have no idea why, I hate Communism!
barnie.gif

Marines' Hymn. Just so catchy!

Battle Hymn of the Republic. I HATE this one, but it's too catchy as well!

And this is just in the past week. Anyone else get weird stuff stuck in their heads? PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one!

How about the PepsiDent toothpaste jingle? Come ON - those brain cells are so old they should have purged THAT thing eons ago! But noooooooo... that stupid jingle resurfaces every now and then. And since we're discussing it, thanks - it's back again!

he.gif

I won't subject BYC to the songs I get stuck in my head. Most of them are extremely dumb and very popular.
big_smile.png

Somebody coined the term "earworm" for the tune that just won't quit playing in your mind. For some reason, tunes you don't like or just can't remember all the words to are more likely to get stuck there. Sometimes, though you get lucky. When I watched "Les Miserables" a few months ago, I had bits of it in my head for days (which explains "The Broody Song," but doesn't excuse it!).

Now, has anyone had anything as weird as the Soviet National Anthem stuck in their head?

Told that to a friend, and his response was: "Only you.
roll.png
"
lol.png

gig.gif
I've had the last two get stuck before... catch myself humming, singing, or whistling a song.

What's really fun is when someone else catches you at it, in June, and it's a Christmas carol.

Bonus points if they caught you in produce, and when you meet up again in dairy now THEY'RE humming it.
tongue.png

My In Laws have long since gotten used to my weird music thing... anything from Fur Elise to Beach Boys to Metallica might crop up, and anywhere... oh but DH broke me of opera in the shower ... didn't hear him, thought house was locked, and he grabbed my hand over the top of the curtain (shaving underarm)... so after hitting C above high C and then beating the snot out of him... never sang opera again. "Only You" and a few
roll.png
was pretty much my Mom's reaction... Sis and Bro just laughed her tails off.

Oh, many times. The most recent one was Wind God Girl. And sometimes I get two songs in my head at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom