Ever had a bad egg crack or explode in bator? Well i did today...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by floridachickhatcher, Jul 6, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    you know i woke up this morning thinking i heard my mom saying " Amy Wake up " but she didnt and now im wondering if it was a sign for me to check the incubator and i was getting ready to stop turning a set of eggs today omg...i open the incubator and i get this horrible smell in my face and i see that an egg cracked right in the middle and i ran for my mom saying i need her help i had an egg crack in the incubator i need to take it outside right now and bury that egg and clean the turner and bator,I couldnt get outside fast enough i almost threw up outside i have had 3 egg mishaps for this one hatch the first one something went wrong and the bottom of the egg have sticky stuff all over the bottom and i had to take it out and bury it and then i had a normal unsmelling egg crack had to wash it out a second time and then this...I think the shell was thin and the force of the turner cracked it...And now i have to wait for the bator to heat up again for me to put the eggs that still need turning back inside of it

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I've got my OH on stand by in case that happens. I'll watch from the bedroom window while he fights with his gut LOL

3. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I hate rotten eggs. I just recieved 2 boxes of eggs I bought from e-bay (from the same person) and each box had a rotten egg in them. And since then there have been more.

4. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    oohh I have had this happen... very recently in fact.. I had eggs in the hatcher -- chicks hatching -- went to take out the dried chicks and one hoped over an egg.. POP.. it exploded with such a stink.. I quickly grabbed the chicks.. dried and drying.. the rest of the eggs and put them in a container in my sunny window.. out of the house I went with the bleach cleaner spray in one and and scrub brush in the other.. rinsed and cleaned the hatcher.. left it outside in the sun for 10 minutes while I fumagated the room with TWO cans of air freshner.. reassembled.. candled remaining eggs.. and back to business as usual

good grief -- such a stink!!!!

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by