Ever had a bad egg crack or explode in bator? Well i did today...

floridachickhatcher

Songster
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Hollister,FL
you know i woke up this morning thinking i heard my mom saying " Amy Wake up " but she didnt and now im wondering if it was a sign for me to check the incubator and i was getting ready to stop turning a set of eggs today omg...i open the incubator and i get this horrible smell in my face and i see that an egg cracked right in the middle and i ran for my mom saying i need her help i had an egg crack in the incubator i need to take it outside right now and bury that egg and clean the turner and bator,I couldnt get outside fast enough i almost threw up outside i have had 3 egg mishaps for this one hatch the first one something went wrong and the bottom of the egg have sticky stuff all over the bottom and i had to take it out and bury it and then i had a normal unsmelling egg crack had to wash it out a second time and then this...I think the shell was thin and the force of the turner cracked it...And now i have to wait for the bator to heat up again for me to put the eggs that still need turning back inside of it

Last edited:
I hate rotten eggs. I just recieved 2 boxes of eggs I bought from e-bay (from the same person) and each box had a rotten egg in them. And since then there have been more.

oohh I have had this happen... very recently in fact.. I had eggs in the hatcher -- chicks hatching -- went to take out the dried chicks and one hoped over an egg.. POP.. it exploded with such a stink.. I quickly grabbed the chicks.. dried and drying.. the rest of the eggs and put them in a container in my sunny window.. out of the house I went with the bleach cleaner spray in one and and scrub brush in the other.. rinsed and cleaned the hatcher.. left it outside in the sun for 10 minutes while I fumagated the room with TWO cans of air freshner.. reassembled.. candled remaining eggs.. and back to business as usual

good grief -- such a stink!!!!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom