Ever have a chicken you didn't like?

I think giving her back would be a good idea. I'm sure she will be fine going back to her old friends and you can get move on with your flock. I have a chicken that rubs me the wrong way too.

Last edited:
I have a buff minorca who was twice as flighty as any leghorn I've had, I mean she was fruity as a nutcake. After having her for two year without being able to get within 5 feet of her she suddenly decieded I was alright after all, and starter flying up onto my shoulder to be hand fed at feeding time. She sit there on my shoulder and talks to me as I wander the yard.

She had a complete personality reversal and I did absolutely nothing to make it happen.
Now she is one of my favorite hens!

Quote:
Well... I did it. I just brought her and the roo back.
I had her since May so i think she was beyond being scared.
It's funny moving them at night, they were so quiet and I just put them on the roost alongside their old friends.

She might have turned out all right, especially once she was introduced to the older ladies.... They truly are unique individuals!

....but now I can get more chickens! She was an araucana and I already have 4. I hope to get an incubator, but then the worry of another roo...

I used to work at a ranch where the chickens free-ranged. One big red RIR used to run across a 40 ac. pasture to attack me. One day when I was riding DH's horse who was blind in one eye, the roo jumped in front of the horse, initiating a fight. The horse, who didn't see, clomped right over him. The next day, when DH was riding, the roo jumped on the horse's rump and started clawing at him. The horse skittered and the roo fell off--husband stayed on though!

The roo was killed after it attacked the ranch owner. He used to think the attack rooster was funny until it attacked him.
big_smile.png

I can't stand my husband's Australorp rooster. He does not respect me and I do not like him at all! Of course, my husband loves him so he is staying for now. I'm a little bit afraid of him to be honest.

I also have a red Silkie hen that I do not really like. She has been mean since she was a chick. I actually told my husband last night that I plan to sell her later. She is the only Silkie that I have that's close to laying age now, so she can stay for a while. When my younger ones start laying, Red is going bye-bye. She jumped on my back yesterday while I was cleaning out their pen. I know Silkies are supposed to be gentle-natured, but this one is not!

YES. I have a hen who is a trouble maker, and I really don't like her. Seriously...There would be no love lost if something got at her! She's mean to all the other hens, even though she's right about in the middle of the pecking order. She doesn't have any friends. They all cuddle up together at night except her. She also doesn't cluck, she GROWLS. She growls at the other hens, and at me! Not sure what to do about her...

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom