1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ever have "one of those days"? (chicken pics inside!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mommy9994, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    I think my Skizzers has LOL just wanted to share a pic:)

[​IMG]

She got the name Skizzers, because when she was just a couple weeks old, and starting to get her comb, I noticed it was crooked. I looked her over, and though she had a scissor beak. Turns out, her whole face is twisted. It doesn't seem to affect her so very much, she's a tad smaller than the other girls, but other than that, she's good. As you can see from her comb and wattle, she's getting ready to start laying!!

Here's her neck (which is SUPER long), you can see the feathers on her neck where even her neck twists.

[​IMG]

She always holds her head at that angle, and when she walks, her head/neck sway side to side, like she has an attitude:)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    whaen I was a kid, we had a duck that was injured as a duckling (my brother did it) oops. ANyways, that duck had a crooked neck and walked funny. He lived though, was mean, and sadly was finally eaten by raccoons.

She is a pretty chicken, despite her twisted ways! lol

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't that interesting. I have never seen such a thing! Thank you for sharing your girl with us, wicked neat!

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    SHe is still beautiful just makes her a little more special [​IMG] what a sweety! Hope she lays an egg for ya soon [​IMG]

5. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    Skiz is a sweetie. She does have a mean streak though:lol: she like to peck toes. As far as I know, she wasn't injured, she jut grew that way. We love her, no matter how twisted she is:D

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Is there a chicken who can resist nice, wiggling (or freshly painted) toes? [​IMG]

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute and crooked, love her!

8. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Adorable!! Give her a hug for me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by