Ever have "one of those days"? (chicken pics inside!)

mommy9994

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
central VA
I think my Skizzers has LOL just wanted to share a pic:)

Skiz.jpg

She got the name Skizzers, because when she was just a couple weeks old, and starting to get her comb, I noticed it was crooked. I looked her over, and though she had a scissor beak. Turns out, her whole face is twisted. It doesn't seem to affect her so very much, she's a tad smaller than the other girls, but other than that, she's good. As you can see from her comb and wattle, she's getting ready to start laying!!

Here's her neck (which is SUPER long), you can see the feathers on her neck where even her neck twists.

skizneck.jpg

She always holds her head at that angle, and when she walks, her head/neck sway side to side, like she has an attitude:)

Last edited:
whaen I was a kid, we had a duck that was injured as a duckling (my brother did it) oops. ANyways, that duck had a crooked neck and walked funny. He lived though, was mean, and sadly was finally eaten by raccoons.

She is a pretty chicken, despite her twisted ways! lol

Skiz is a sweetie. She does have a mean streak though:lol: she like to peck toes. As far as I know, she wasn't injured, she jut grew that way. We love her, no matter how twisted she is:D

Back
Top Bottom