Ever have one of "those" days?

Well they say, "If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger" but usually it kills you.

HA! Just kidding. I find dark humor to be strangely comforting when things look like they can't get worse. I just lost my 86 year old dad less than a month ago and I still have my mom (who has dementia and doesn't even know who I am) living with me. She can't remember he's passed away, and I can't forget it. Some days the challenges are just overwhelming. Of course the normal ration of ka-ka still hits the fan too: New roof had to be put on, car had to have over $1000 in repairs, medical bills for both parents are huge and overdue, portions of my deck are rotten and have to be replaced before I fall through, etc....etc......etc......BLEAH!

After the funeral for your dad, things will again settle into a 'normal' routine and you'll feel better. Of course 'Normal' is just a setting on your dryer.

Hang in there, wait it out, it does pass. My favorite verse in the Bible is "And it came to pass......" Wouldn't it be awful if it came to STAY?

Go down to the Chinese place and rub the big Budda's belly... kiss a Leprechaun... hang a horseshoe over your head... eh... that one always made me wonder since if you're in bad luck mode it's likely that heavy solid metal shoe would crack you on the melon.

Quote:
Yes it was "Out here" magazine and that was Sharon on the cover!

My string continues..... this morning I went to the PO to drop off a couple boxes and a bum comes up to me and asks for change. "Sorry no change, I know you got some money, nope, you lying MF" That sent me over the edge, I whipped around and start towards the guy and said "first thing on a friday morning and you are trying to start some ****" . His eyes got real big and he started back peddling real quick like. Sharon's comment in the whole thing was " Only you can start a fight with a bum in the post office parking lot" LOL

Ya gotta just laugh.

Steve

WOW!! That is ya'll in the Outhere magazine? I drooled over the story and pics of the gorgeous birds. I looooove the front cover. And hey, I'm in there too on page 11. What a coincidence, the "family" that chickens together also horses around together.

Back
Top Bottom