Ever hear of "chick flipping" to determine the sex of chicks? Try this

my neighbor did this with about 15 chickens..... it was right. I have tried it with mine.

I thought it was

both or one leg down...hen

both legs up... roo..

well i just did the test and i know i have deffantly 2 females sex linked and the laveder arucana is appaenttly a girl the blue is a boy as well as the australorp

Nooooooo!!!! Bettttyyyyy Nooooooo!!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

An old farmer told my granddaughter to cup the chick in her hand the way AJ said but he said if the chick kept its legs tight it was a hen and if the chick stuck one leg out it was a rooster. Everyt ime we have new chicks its the first thing she does. It worked for her sizzles she got three pullets and 1 roo. lol

well.....all of my stretched out their legs... one had one up and one down.. it was a white one. so we will see in a couple of weeks.

when we tested this out on chicks that you could tell what sex they were...the girls stretched and the boys tucked
farmers tales...hmm

I learned that if you hold them by the scruff of their neck, almost like a mother dog or cat carries its babies, you can figure out if it's a boy or girl. Girlies will tuck their legs in and not really do a lot of fighting to get free, and boys will kick or stick out their legs. I did this with my chicks last year and I was completely right! So I think that these tricks are pretty good, even if they're not perfect.

Okay...I tried the flip test and got all kinds of confusing responses. Rather than just both legs up, both legs down, or one leg up one leg down I got one leg partially down and the other leg fully down, both legs somewhere in between, etc.

So...I tried the magnet on a string test and got amazing results. The magnet would either go in a definate circle or straight line! I tested all 10 RIR chicks and the results are..................................
8 pullets and 2 cockerels!!!! And one Silkie pullet!
big_smile.png

I even tried the magnet test over my head...girl, over the 3 dogs and 2 cats and the results were all correct, 1 boy and 4 girls!
lol.png

I am trilled. The 8 pullets are the darker red with more wing and tail feathers and the 2 cockerels are lighter with less feathers. They are the gender I thought when picking them out and just what I wanted.

I feel 99% confident in the magnet results, but I guess we will see for sure in the weeks to come!

Back
Top Bottom