Ever seen a chupacabra?

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
Just wondering because....

A friend had a picture of a thing that ranch hands shot on a ranch near Sweetwater, TX n May ithat looked a lot like the thing in this news story: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/bizarre/12001757409872/
My
friend said that the cattle were in a pen and were shying away from a corner of the pen with a bunch of cactus and brush. When one of them walked closer to the corner (they thought there might be a coyote or snake there) the thing took off running upright on its hind legs. They shot it and the picture I saw was of it draped over a fence post. It had hair but looked pretty much bodywise like the thing in the story. I would have thought it was a hoax, but I've never seen that pic anywhere on the internet. So, in an open-minded question; have you ever seen an animal that you didn't know what it was? I'm seriously curious...and I like Hispanic culture legends...

Perhaps it was a very buff coyote? I've heard that other sightings of this "chupacabra" are really long-dead 'coons or hairless coyotes. Plus, is they exist, they are supposed to be very elusive and rarely seen.

Seen one?, I was married to one for over 10 years.
smile.png

Looks like a member of the deer family. The front lets may look disproportionately short because they are tucked in close to the body. No chupacabra, but something we are maybe not used to seeing regularly in Ok.

The photo of the one I saw from the ranch in Texas showed the feet better. On that one, the feet looked more like our feet, just skinnier with longer toes. I have no idea what it was. Would it be possible for a coyote and a racoon to produce an offspring? Seems like a really rediculous question but that's almost what it seems like. Add some really bad mange and you get even closer to a description of what this thing looks like.

Photo looks to me like a coyote. Take a fuzzy photo of your dog starting to jump up on the sofa when he is on his hind legs, front paws tucked up and...oh no!!!...there was a chupacabra in the living room!!!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom