Ever Seen a guy like this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by islandmanmitch, Apr 12, 2008.

1. islandmanmitch

islandmanmitch New Egg

Apr 11, 2008
    He was dropped off at my house a couple of months ago. I plan on keeping him but was wondering if he is pure or mixed? If pure what breed and if mixed any ideas with what? Thanks, Mitch[​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    he looks like a mix, maybe some egyptian fayoumi in him. He is very pretty, did someone just leave him there?

3. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    He is one handsome rooster who ever dropped him of was foolish. You should enter him in some of the online poultry shows.

4. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    I looked up some breeds and the only one I could find that even resembled it to me was a Delaware.

Whatever he is, he's beautiful!

5. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    he is not a delaware his tail feathers would have barring instead of all black

6. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Yeah, I noticed the barring on the tail in the pix I saw, but it was the closest one I could find. He sure is a pretty boy tho!!

7. islandmanmitch

islandmanmitch New Egg

Apr 11, 2008
    Yes he was dropped off or abandoned. I live in the "country" so people think it is a nice place to retire their unwanted pets. The list of drop offs include, chickens, guineas, turkeys, emus, ferret, rabbit, potbellied pigs, and of course dogs and cats. I have kept very few of the animals. I am careful with introduced diseases so any of the animals I keep have to be quarantined. This rooster has caught my eye and I plan on keeping him unless someone comes along that wants him. Thanks for the help, Mitch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by