Ever try to get Ducks in out of storm?

karanleaf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Glenwood, Missouri
Have a Tornado warnings in our area and where do ya find the ducks????
barnie.gif

Playing in their pool of course.
he.gif

Thunder and Lighting wind blowing things around and they are swimming..
barnie.gif

Ya run them out of the pool and they circle around and get back in
th.gif

Oh Boy!!! we had fun in the rain
wee.gif
Noah & I walked them to the pen and all go in but 1
wee.gif
of course
rant.gif

And it goes 3 laps around the run and shed. to the door
wee.gif

and bounces off the chicken wire 2 xs and runs off again...
barnie.gif

Head it back and bounces 1 more time then it goes in
woot.gif

All I need is soap to finish my shower now, hey pass me the shampoo will ya ?
gig.gif

Duck adventures of the wettest kind.
lau.gif

Ducks Ya Gota Love them
love.gif

my three scovies do the very same thing. they dont care how hard it blows or rains , as long as they can find bugs and grubs. I gave up on chasing them to the garage(their emergency shelter) . The only time they go to their hideout by the AC Unit is when it is too hot outside.
I just watch them from the bathroom window. I think the only time i would take my youngest DD and catch them is when there is a hail warning.

The key is to put the ducks up first. If it starts to rain, no way are they going to listen to you and go in. Have great ducks here, if I ask them to go in they go in, but they do like me to have a white pvc in my hand to guide them in the right direction of the coop. Oh oh she is serious she wants us in now. That is my Runners and Pekins, the Scovys can look at me fly past me and gone.

ML

One of the last big hurricaines we had in North Carolina (Fran or Floyd) our Muscovies stayed outside thru the whole thing. It was raining so hard there was about a foot of water on the ground because it couldn't run off any faster and they we out in the yard swimming around having a good old time.

Steve in NC

I'm dying here 'cause I couldn't have said it better myself. We actually have practice sessions now during hurricaine season to get them used to it. My son calls it the duck roundimup.

Back
Top Bottom