Ever try to get Ducks in out of storm?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by karanleaf, Jul 27, 2008.

1. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Have a Tornado warnings in our area and where do ya find the ducks???? [​IMG]
    Playing in their pool of course. [​IMG]
    Thunder and Lighting wind blowing things around and they are swimming.. [​IMG]
    Ya run them out of the pool and they circle around and get back in [​IMG]
    Oh Boy!!! we had fun in the rain [​IMG] Noah & I walked them to the pen and all go in but 1 [​IMG] of course [​IMG]
    And it goes 3 laps around the run and shed. to the door [​IMG]
    and bounces off the chicken wire 2 xs and runs off again...[​IMG]
    Head it back and bounces 1 more time then it goes in [​IMG]

All I need is soap to finish my shower now, hey pass me the shampoo will ya ? [​IMG]
    Duck adventures of the wettest kind. [​IMG]

Ducks Ya Gota Love them [​IMG]

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    mine do the same thing.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    my three scovies do the very same thing. they dont care how hard it blows or rains , as long as they can find bugs and grubs. I gave up on chasing them to the garage(their emergency shelter) . The only time they go to their hideout by the AC Unit is when it is too hot outside.
    I just watch them from the bathroom window. I think the only time i would take my youngest DD and catch them is when there is a hail warning.

4. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    The key is to put the ducks up first. If it starts to rain, no way are they going to listen to you and go in. Have great ducks here, if I ask them to go in they go in, but they do like me to have a white pvc in my hand to guide them in the right direction of the coop. Oh oh she is serious she wants us in now. That is my Runners and Pekins, the Scovys can look at me fly past me and gone.

ML

5. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    One of the last big hurricaines we had in North Carolina (Fran or Floyd) our Muscovies stayed outside thru the whole thing. It was raining so hard there was about a foot of water on the ground because it couldn't run off any faster and they we out in the yard swimming around having a good old time.

Steve in NC

6. mickschicks

mickschicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2008
    Gotta love peepers! [​IMG] But though hurricane times - wow!
    Karanleaf - love your avatar!

Mickschicks

7. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Thanks I thought it was fitting since we started out with Ducks. Ya gota Love them. [​IMG]

8. krackerhill

krackerhill Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    Florida
    I'm dying here 'cause I couldn't have said it better myself. We actually have practice sessions now during hurricaine season to get them used to it. My son calls it the duck roundimup.

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Well, like your avatar says "Adventures are better with backup" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by