Ever use Ovabid.com?

kees

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 5, 2008
I've seen a site called Ovabid.com Some of the sellers are overseas. Has anyone else seen it or hear anything about it?

D.gif

Quote:
It is illegal to buy or sell birds outside of US borders. This is a very serious issue due to the avian flu and other epidemics and the USDA will fine and imprison. So I would steer clear of any over seas sellers. But some of our very good BYC members sometimes sell on Eggbid.com. I can't speak for Ovabid.

I never registered but I ususally check out what they have once a week. I just bought a clutch of eggs on eggbid and today is day 19 so we will see what happens as it is my first time buying on eggbid.

Last edited:
I have never bought from ovabid but I check it out all the time. I have bought from eggbid a few times. I have had 2 eggs hatch!! I did get a hen and a roo so I am ok with that. I also bought off of poultry bid and had like 3 eggs hatch but then they all died. It was weird they were really weak. So I am really just trying to stay away from shipped eggs. Good luck to you.

I have made one purchase from Ovabid and it was not good. I never got the eggs or any support from Ovabid when I asked. Fortunately Paypal helped me out and I got all my money back ($26.95). It was for Frizzle eggs.
I've never tried Eggbid.
I've had mixed results with Ebay, you can never tell with shipped eggs, it's always a gamble, between shipping being hard on them, and maybe not getting the breed you thought you were buying (I promise you, one of the "Blue Bib Call Duck Eggs" I hatched was NOT a Blue Bib Call Duck!) Depends on the risk you're willing to take!
I am still willing to give it a try! Lifes short!
Tina/tfpets

I think it is worth the extra few bucks to get eggs sent next day priority. There are less handlers involved in the package and thus less bumping around. I sent someone some araucana eggs and it was only $16 and they had them the next day. She reported to me all of the eggs were veining. Araucana are hard enough to get to hatch as it is.

Quote:
For something as priceless as Araucana eggs, from you who I would trust, the extra few bucks would be worth it, yes. From an unknown seller of already questionable products, who knows?
Tina

Thanks! I was wondering when I saw that many of the sellers were from outside the US.
thumbsup.gif

The girl that owns ovabid lives 20 miles up the road from me and I won an auction of hers for a Mandarin drake that she delivered to my farm. She is very nicy and she has great birds but the people selling on there ask way to much money for what they are selling. If you look you'll see 42 birds listed and maybe two items getting bid on cause every thing is stupid high.

Back
Top Bottom