Ever Use PetFinder.com?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by countyroad1330, Nov 1, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I was just wondering if anyone had ever looked at PetFinder.com for chickens. There are quite a few, some are very pretty. Its a compilation of rescues, so any price is a very small adoption fee. Worth looking into [​IMG]

www.PetFinder.com

2. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    I haven't used petfinder for chickens, but both of my beagles were found through petfinder. Great tool for people who want to adopt a pet.

3. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    I have looked on petfinders and couldnt find anything close enough to me and go get..

Also looked on their for ducks. But I had some issues with some of the rescue groups...

Petfinders.com is a great website though!![​IMG]

4. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I've never found any poultry close enough to adopt, but i've adopted 4 dogs through that site. Every single one of them has been wonderful, and i've used 3 of them for search and rescue.

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I've only looked at chickens. None have been close enough. I did get two hens by advertising on Freecycle.
    I've used Petfinder to find one of our dogs and one of our cats and I know a number of other people who have gotten dogs by using it.

6. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    I've adopted cats through that site. Didn't have as much luck with dogs--the local dog rescue is kinda slow about getting back to people. But we have two kitties located on Petfinder, who are fluffy little balls of joy.

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I used Petfinder to find our new puppy. I have looked at the fowl & other animals, but never got any (YET).

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I found our last two dogs and our last cat on Petfinder. I've looked for chickens on there, but there are never any in WI. For chickens, some states have a lot and some don't have any. I'll keep looking, though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by