EverStuff Ranch... pic heavy

Everstuff

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 15, 2012
Gooding, Idaho
My Coop
My Coop
Cause we have a little bit of Everything. I've been a hillybilly forever, but I'm slowly turning my ex-biker hubby into a hobby farmer. We're in Gooding, Idaho. I've been a lurker here forever, finally got a few chickens last year, and got a bunch more this last week, so I thought I'd pop in and say hey.

Right now we have 4 Black Jersey Giant hens. I lost one just recently to an impacted crop and didn't find the thread here on doing surgery till it was too late to save her.

The roo we have this year is a Silver laced Wyandotte we got from the neighbor. He's a year old now. He came in a batch of 10 pullets and one of the shes was a he.

w

We just picked up 23 chicks from the co-op. 15 cornish crosses. 3 Sagittas, and three something I don't know what they are. I forgot to ask. The only reason I know about the Sagittas is I lost one, and I went back in for three more for a totall of 5 now. The reds are the Sagittas.

One of the I don't knows, is white with a little black spot on it's head, and a black blotch on it's back. One little wing feather has come in black too. The other two are yellow with smudgey tips to their puff. They look like they rolled in ash. Their wing feathers are coming in white. Center bottom in the pic bellow is the smudgey chick.

Bottom Center Left in this pic.

I'm loving having chickens. I love looking for eggs in the afternoon. The girls follow me around when I feed the horses and the calf. It's like a parade. Watching the baby chicks dart around is so entertaining. I'd love for one of the Jerseys to go broody again this year and hatch out some, "Home Grown," chicks.

So anyhow, HI from Gooding.

welcome-byc.gif
Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Back
Top Bottom