Everybody's favorite game.. What is it?

MissCJ

In the Brooder
May 6, 2015
California
I'm happily & officially on my second batch of chicks. This go-round I picked up some hatchlings from my brother though, rather than the local feed store. I am quickly learning this decision means that I am scouring the internet to figure out what my new lil' brood is comprised of-- well rather than to lose sleep over endless guessing & research, I'm brining it to you wonderful experts. So please give me your best breed/gender guesses. I've also attached my current guesses as well...

#1: Fluffy-footed Easter Egger Pullet

#2: Austrolop, Black Cooper Maran or black Easter Egger, Pullet

#3: Barred Rock, Pullet

#4: Fluffy-footed Easter Egger, Cockerel

Last edited:
#1: Fluffy-footed Easter Egger Pullet
I agree on your guess

#2: Austrolop, Black Cooper Maran or black Easter Egger, Pullet
I would say Australorp pullet

#3: Barred Rock, Pullet
I agree on your guess

#4: Fluffy-footed Easter Egger, Cockerel
and again I agree:)

Last edited:
Thank you ever so much for sharing your thoughts-- it helps to know that the research has most likely paid off ;) Easter Eggers and Barred Rocks are new breeds for me, but both are living up to their known characteristics so far (the Barred Rock is definitely the silent matriarch, while the Easter Egger can't wait to jump into my hand!). I have had an Australorp in the past and enjoyed the breed, so even though I was hoping for a Black Copper with dark chocolate eggs, I can't say I am disappointed! Thanks as well for the "welcome", I've used BYC religiously since my first batch of chicks, and when I opted to add to the madness with a small quail colony, I think I became a daily visitor of any and all threads to keep the peace and happiness amongst everyone; I'm just finally adding my voice to it all :)

I agree with your guesses, too, except I think the Barred Rock is actually a Barred Rock mix.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom