Everyone just stopped laying

Julia_Bedenbaugh

Chirping
Aug 11, 2019
Schodack, NY
Hi All,
Quick questions with hopefully an easy answer. My chickens have been consistently laying everyday for a few months now. Then late last week, I had a couple days where two chickens and the duck laid 5 eggs. (1 duck and 4 chicken). Now, all of a sudden, everyone just stopped laying. Nothing has changed except the weather has been about 75/80 for the last five or so days. They are let out around 9 daily and penned up about 9pm. They have plenty of shady areas and sunny areas. They have a nice big run with grass and being the person I am sometimes (like 4 out f 7 days) I like to give them snacks when they are in the run. I make sure they have feed in the coop, they have clean water each morning and they are not stressed. So now, I don't know why everyone has stopped laying. They all look fine and they are all just about a year and a half old. So I am lost & confused. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Its 15' x 20'. Stockade fenced with criss-cross rope over it to hopefully keep the hawk out and the chickens don't try to fly out. About 6 ft in height.

Attachments

• run.jpg
    run.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 5
Its 15' x 20'. Stockade fenced with criss-cross rope over it to hopefully keep the hawk out and the chickens don't try to fly out. About 6 ft in height.
Are you letting them into the yard or the run only? If you're certain they aren't being stalked, maybe check them over for mites or lice, check for worms, or look at their nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom