Everyone loves nipples

:lau Thanks for the brilliant idea. Keep us posted if possible. If we haven't heard back from you by the end of the week what colors you like so we can purchase items to match your padded cell?
Im into this light yellow right now its called "wild daisy." I did in fact just finish speaking with her and my sides hurt now. Keep in mind shes high strung and super serious. Her: 25 nipples? I only needed 15 what do i do with all those extras? Me: Put em in a drawer nipples do wear out, not like they are going to go bad. Her: Thats cheap, you said they were chinese you dont think they are made from anything dangerous do you? Me: As far as i know all the nipples are made of the same stuff as they are here. Her:You need any of them? Me:Nope im good I still got a couple laying around......I am officialy three years old now.

Im into this light yellow right now its called "wild daisy." I did in fact just finish speaking with her and my sides hurt now. Keep in mind shes high strung and super serious. Her: 25 nipples? I only needed 15 what do i do with all those extras? Me: Put em in a drawer nipples do wear out, not like they are going to go bad. Her: Thats cheap, you said they were chinese you dont think they are made from anything dangerous do you? Me: As far as i know all the nipples are made of the same stuff as they are here. Her:You need any of them? Me:Nope im good I still got a couple laying around......I am officialy three years old now.
:gig

I would not recommend using these nipples with a 5 gallon bucket. ONLY THREAD THEM INTO A PVC PIPE FED BY A CONSTANT WATER FLOW SOURCE AND OUT OF THE DIRECT SUN.
One of my neighbors hung 5 gallon buckets up with these waters nips and hardly checked the water level. Hard to monitor when you can't see it conveniently.
Needless to say. He doesn't have any chickens anymore, alive anyway.
My best friend was clever enough to create a long PVC water stringer. 15 feet long and countless water nips!
She mounted it in direct sun! Nothing like taking a sip of boiling H2O on a hot summer day. Her hens were being tortured.
We helped her move it to the shady side and they are much better now. We also added a water filter and removed the cartridge. Now she can add a little solution of electrolytes and vitamins in the filter housing and when it runs out, you automatically have fresh water!
Hubby's idea.
We had an old filter system just laying around so we donated it to her.

I prefer to deliver food and water with my homemade stations. Not nipples.

IMG_20170714_115641.jpg
Randomly hung from trees, pens etc.
I am afraid if the power goes out for a long period of time, my nipples would run dry. Everyone hates dry nipples! Especially my hens during this extreme heat index we are having right now.
Sometimes I load some of them up with Ice cubes made from Electrolytes! As the ice melts, they drink and cool their inner core temp and replenish nutrients at the same time!
:thumbsup
FC​

To each his own. I've got both horizontal and vertical nipples on 5 gallon buckets out back, and they are in the sun, and they are working fine, and are checked and filled daily. Temperature is always fine, even on 90 degree days at mid day and in the after noon-trust me, I'm a worry wort, I check. Letting water run out and not refilling is a great way to kill just about anything. That's probably what did it alone. Poultry nipples aren't inherently bad. There are many ways to water birds and I for one like the reduced chicken wormload that comes from only drinking pristine water and the dry, less stinky pen that comes from decreasing water waste, but like I said, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom