Everyone Post Pics Of Their Turkeys!!!

This is Barnham, our "old lady" bearded hen.

44102_lakenvelder_020.jpg

Quote:
I can't speak about turkey ownership in general as I've only had turkeys a couple of months. I have 4 Bourbon Reds, 3 hens and a tom. The hens have taken to ganging up on one of my top roosters in the pecking order. The girls fan out their tails and are rather persisitent. The roo will puff up and try to defend himself, he is never the aggressor, but I have to intervene whenever I see it. It takes multiple shoves to get the girls to back off. The tom just stands around looking.-nothing rattles that bird. This evening I saw the rooster had bloody feet and I suspect the turkeys were somehow responsible. I have no idea why they're doing it. There is not problem otherwise between the birds but who knows what might happen in the spring. The other birds are kind of intimidated by the general size and outgoing/curious/domineering personalities of the turkeys and run out of their way usually.

Quote:
I can't speak about turkey ownership in general as I've only had turkeys a couple of months. I have 4 Bourbon Reds, 3 hens and a tom. The hens have taken to ganging up on one of my top roosters in the pecking order. The girls fan out their tails and are rather persisitent. The roo will puff up and try to defend himself, he is never the aggressor, but I have to intervene whenever I see it. It takes multiple shoves to get the girls to back off. The tom just stands around looking.-nothing rattles that bird. This evening I saw the rooster had bloody feet and I suspect the turkeys were somehow responsible. I have no idea why they're doing it. There is not problem otherwise between the birds but who knows what might happen in the spring. The other birds are kind of intimidated by the general size and outgoing/curious/domineering personalities of the turkeys and run out of their way usually.

Are you sure you're not talking about my turkey hens? I thought my hens were the only hens who fight with roosters.
lau.gif

This is Larry my Broad Breasted Bronze.
71933_img_0924.jpg

I'm a bit obsessed with my pet turkey.
71933_img_0922.jpg

My turkey and my rooster sharing their morning oatmeal.
71933_img_0891.jpg

Having lunch with the dogs.
71933_img_0938.jpg

Ok here ya go, everybody loves a turkey!

Beltsville White

Beltsvillehen.jpg

BeltsvilleToms.jpg

Beltsvillepoults.jpg

Bourbon red

Bourbonhen2.jpg

Bourbontoms.jpg

Midget White

Spice.jpg

MidgetHens.jpg

2011midgetbreeders3.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

Royal Palm

RoyalPalmhens.jpg

Pepper.jpg

White Holland

WhiteHollandhen.jpg

WhiteHollandtom.jpg

WhiteHollandflock.jpg

Hollandhenandpoults.jpg

same hen and poults just older

Hollandpoults.jpg

Bronze

Bronzetoms2-09.jpg

Bronzetom7-11.jpg

bronzehen2-09.jpg

Last but not least what we all are looking for...A little "turkey love"

Turkeylove.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
Here are my royal palm and sweetgrass showing off. There is a buff hen in the mix also. My little rat terrier named Honey is watching from her house which is shaped and painted like the turkey barn... Turken roo hiding behind bush is camera shy!

Photo12311128.jpg

Photo12311115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom