Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

I have some very pretty fantails Id like to find a home for. No charge just want them to go to a nice home. There is a mama and papa and two sibs as well as mama is sitting on eggs. Any interest from someone near SF bay area in California to be adoptive "parents." I brought them into my aviary from a friend who could no longer care for them but I really am not interested in them as pets and I need the room for my expanding quail family. They are kept in separate areas within the same aviary as my quail. Id like to be able to allow my quail to utilize the space the fantails are taking up.

I have some very pretty fantails Id like to find a home for. No charge just want them to go to a nice home. There is a mama and papa and two sibs as well as mama is sitting on eggs. Any interest from someone near SF bay area in California to be adoptive "parents." I brought them into my aviary from a friend who could no longer care for them but I really am not interested in them as pets and I need the room for my expanding quail family. They are kept in separate areas within the same aviary as my quail. Id like to be able to allow my quail to utilize the space the fantails are taking up.
Ohhhhhh my dream piggys.... Sigh.... Good luck!

I sure wish I could get them to you. They need a really nice home and I am having a hard time providing it for them. The quail, dove and chicken members of my feathered family are taking too much of my time.

I sure wish I could get them to you.  They need a really nice home and I am having a hard time providing it for them.  The quail, dove and chicken members of my feathered family are taking too much of my time.

Yeah, there's a few miles between us...
I've actually kept my duck flock where it's at because of the pigeons. We're building an attached aviary for them this summer (not for Chaos, Storm and Epic. They'll stay inside) I'm finding them to be incredible creatures. I've never wished to live outside of Maine, but I sure as heck wish I was vacationing in Cali right now!!!

These are from ferals. I know that the parents were the typical stone blue. Can they have a different colored baby?
The humming is from Epic. The black and white piggy!! It's very low and she only does it if she doesn't know I'm there. Storm seems to be the better feeder parent. Epic, not so much... Thank goodness I've gotten good at this hand feeding thing!

Well the dilute gene is (sex-linked) recessive so the males can carry one copy and look normal (if females have the dilute gene they show it though), so some of the female babies could be dilute.

Here's a color calculator. If you keep most of the genes the way they are but just change the "non dilute" to "split dilute" for the male only then press "calculate cross" or "Punnett square" at the bottom it will show that about 50% of the daughters should be dilute, none of their sons will look dilute but 50% should carry a recessive dilute gene. That might not have made any sense but basically, if the baby is dilute (or brown, that gene works in the same way as dilute) then it is definitely female.

(calculator link is kinda long, didn't work the first time
tongue.png
)
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingDuif...beard-;bib-;bibbeard-;,C;RP1;solid;-;pattern;

Last edited:
If you still need a home for the fantails I would take them. If anyone was going up the I 15 through vegas towards salt lake city I would meet with them in st george ut and take them.

Back
Top Bottom