Everything Chicken Chatter Thread

So what would be the best feed for Malay chicks/teens/adults? Lockdown day tomorrow and want to make sure I have what they'll need. I generally use regular non-medicated grower for my other breeds.

So what would be the best feed for Malay chicks/teens/adults? Lockdown day tomorrow and want to make sure I have what they'll need. I generally use regular non-medicated grower for my other breeds.
I feed high protein chick starter for both Game birds, & chicks. I use Dumor 24% Starter/grower feed.

I use it for all chicks, & Malays require a higher protein feed. 20% - 22% for adults.

I feed high protein chick starter for both Game birds, & chicks. I use Dumor 24% Starter/grower feed.

I use it for all chicks, & Malays require a higher protein feed. 20% - 22% for adults.
Awesome! That's the same feed I use for babies. I had wondered if they would require the higher protein, because of their size. Good to know for sure though. Thank you!

Awesome! That's the same feed I use for babies. I had wondered if they would require the higher protein, because of their size. Good to know for sure though. Thank you!
You're welcome.

What feed do you use for adults? I feed 20% Nutrena Naturewise All Flock Pellets.

I get my adult feed from our local feed store. They make it themselves. It has 20% protein. My birds seem to like it, they sure inhale enough of it 🤣. I also give them scratch daily, mixed at the feed store as well.
I get mine at the feed store. And corn should only be given in moderation, or a treat. Like every once, or twice every week, or two.

I get mine at the feed store. And corn should only be given in moderation, or a treat. Like every once, or twice every week, or two.
I generally only add corn in the winter months, to help them keep warm through the night. I buy the big bags of grains separately, and the feed store mixes them into a scratch blend for me. That way I know what my featherbabies are getting 😂

Back
Top Bottom