Everything Chicken Chatter Thread

My apologies in advance for the pic everyone! How's this?

View attachment 2620220
I can't tell.

I'm not sure if the chick will absorb that, or not. It has ruptured, there's yolk everywhere.

At this point I'd just watch it, if I saw your post sooner, I would have suggested removing the shell, & membrane gently off of the yolk sack, & putting the chick in a small cup, or container lined with a paper towel overnight to allow absorption of the yolk.

@jckeezy, Any updates on the chick with unabsorbed yolk?

If you want to see how my project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons are looking, I'll post some pictures? Will be hatching a small batch this year.

@jckeezy, Any updates on the chick with unabsorbed yolk?
The poor little thing passed away last night 😭. The last egg still hasn't done anything, so I believe my final count is one.

PXL_20210416_233657548.jpg
PXL_20210416_233648089.jpg
fotor_1618617163935.jpg

I had the feeling it might. Sorry for your loss.

Cute chick. Does it have a companion?

Looks like possibly a cockerel. Won't know till it grows juvenile plumage. Cute partridge coloration.
I have a bunch of Silkie and Frizzle Cochin Bantam chicks in the brooder with it at the moment. They'll be gone over the next two days though... I buyers for them. More will be hatching daily though, so it won't be lonely for long.

I have a bunch of Silkie and Frizzle Cochin Bantam chicks in the brooder with it at the moment. They'll be gone over the next two days though... I buyers for them. More will be hatching daily though, so it won't be lonely for long.
Okay, that's good.

@MysteryChicken I believe I was wrong about your bantam hens being booted bantams- I didn’t realize that breed is actually not available from most hatcheries. I take back what I said, I think you’re right about them being hatchery quality d’uccles.
It's okay.

Back
Top Bottom