Everything Chicken Chatter Thread

Pics
My little Malay at.one week old 🥰

PXL_20210422_215118013.jpg
fotor_1619207395764.jpg

Maran, my Big Baby took a spur to the eye sometime today. It was nasty, oozy, & there were actual eye pieces that oozed out. There was no smell, no puss, no infection. I can't 100% sure tell if the spur caused damage directly to the eye itself, or if it went between the eyeball, & 3rd eyelid. There was blood with eye pieces too. Plus he had some blood on him, so evidently he was caught up in a fight. It was both swollen, & sunken. The swelling is from fluid buildup, so something was ruptured.

It's okay.

Wanna see some project Wheaten Crele Orpington chicks I hatched recently?
thanks, and sorry im not on much
sure, i'd always liek to see some birds! 😁
Maran, my Big Baby took a spur to the eye sometime today. It was nasty, oozy, & there were actual eye pieces that oozed out. There was no smell, no puss, no infection. I can't 100% sure tell if the spur caused damage directly to the eye itself, or if it went between the eyeball, & 3rd eyelid. There was blood with eye pieces too. Plus he had some blood on him, so evidently he was caught up in a fight. It was both swollen, & sunken. The swelling is from fluid buildup, so something was ruptured.
Gonna make a saline solution for his eye, the soapy water stung him abit.
oh, i hope he heals :fl

thanks, and sorry im not on much
sure, i'd always liek to see some birds! 😁

oh, i hope he heals :fl
Turns out it's just a simple sinus infection effecting his eye. There's lots of discharge, & small amount of pus, & small amount of blood in it. It's also possible he has something in behind his lower eyelid, & his body is trying to force it out.
Both I think is better then a spur in the eye. It's definitely starting to clear up, but slowly.

There's no smell to it, so there's no concern there.

Back
Top Bottom