everything pheasant!!!!!

I wonder if having such a long tail would be annoying? What are pheasants like personality wise?
Wonder no more! :lau How's this for long tail feathers? :D over 6 feet! Pheasants have a whole range of personalities, just like people do!
20210621_081343.jpg
20210621_081402.jpg
20210621_081307.jpg

Is that your pheasant? And may I also ask what kind of pheasant that is? Thx,
Yes, he was! It was a male Reeves pheasant. He escaped from his enclosure when he was a juvenile. I was unable to recapture him, so he 'free ranged'. He survived for 4 1/2 years before succumbing to a predator.

wow thats cool and he was so pretty
Thanks, he was fun to observe and would come around everyday or every other day during feeding time. I put feed and water out for him but the deer usually got the feed! :rolleyes: I tried many times to recapture him but he was too smart to fall for any of my ways to recapture. He would follow me around on occasion when I was on my 4 wheeler. 🤣 Here's a video of him chasing me! :gig

IMG_11731

wow that's really cool
one of my pheasants got lose and i haven't seen her in over a week so i think she was a dinner for something
but that's really cool
Yep, most don't make it a week, those that do usually don't make it a month. That's why it's hard to believe and I wouldn't believe it had I not witnessed it myself.

Thanks, he was fun to observe and would come around everyday or every other day during feeding time. I put feed and water out for him but the deer usually got the feed! :rolleyes: I tried many times to recapture him but he was too smart to fall for any of my ways to recapture. He would follow me around on occasion when I was on my 4 wheeler. 🤣 Here's a video of him chasing me! :gig

IMG_11731

That's awesome. He was very cute. Would he let you pet him?

Back
Top Bottom