Evil chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CocoPopz, Aug 8, 2013.

1. CocoPopz

CocoPopz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    This is kind of a stupid question, this is my second batch of eggs I've hatched, one of my chicks hatched early hours this morning, and she seems to really like people but pecks EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING! She's even pecking my phone as I'm typing this! About 1 hour ago 2 chicks hatched, I let them fluff up abit then put them in the brooder with Lilly,well Lilly is really evil, she keeps dragging them by there legs, pecking there eyes, you name it! They squeeking so loud so I keep having to take her out, she isn't hungry because she's ate loads to say they aren't meant to be hungry for two days! Her crop is starting to look full haha I daren't feed her any more, she even absorbed all the yolk?! I've never notice chicks behave like that to there siblings, is this normal? Should I be feeding her? Should I stop separating her? She's into everything like a walking toddler!! Meet my EVIL chick...[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    My bet is your evil chick is a boy-chick - a future roo.

3. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Oh dear I hope not, I already have a very cheeky roo and he's evil to every chicken he comes across and he's only 3 week old! But hes really nice to people! He's so protective over his sister, to say he's 3 week, when his sister went near one of my 9 week old silkie, he attacked it, I thought my silkie was gonna die!!!:O is this what they're like? You recon I Gould leave Lilly to it?

4. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    I dont have a good answer but EVILs a ball of fire isn't she?
    Very Alpha and noisy trying to taste everything,.. Guess you don't have any older chicks to put her with that can take her abuse and maybe put her in her place?I had one who wasn't mean but very aggressive put hiom inwith 1 1/2 weeks old chicks to see how it went and he was picking on them!
    They didnt know what to think Guess he was just letting them know even smaller he wasnt to be messed with

Yeah i wouldnt want her near the others now if shes that rough, dragging them.
    Can you put a wire separator so she can see them just cant get to them for a while?.Im just thinking what I might try
    GOOD LUCK with little Evil. Oh and there aren't any STUPID questions at all here....Just questions. a lot of us would like to know .

5. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    She also runs around like a loon! So much energy!

6. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Thankyou haha I don't know I have two 3 week old chicks but one is a roo and he's just as aggressive, I think he would kill her seems as he nearly killed my 9 week old silkie! And my silkies, I'd be worried if they trampled on her, she's so tiny, she's smaller than the two he bullies!

7. Roxannemc

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    He might be a cockrel but I have heard some pullets can be aggressive too so don't count on it either way just yet..
    Some Cockrels chicks often are unafraid and even aggressive..
    This little Evil sounds like its establishing its alpha position I have a few roos who are really sweet and gentle but have 2 who aren't chicken attackers except to mount the hens... ...
    .My 2 are more ppl attackers!!
    Have to whop them if they keep it up I carry a broom or mop b/c of one I call him Meanie
    He stays away and I chase him every chance I get to keep him afraid of me just like a top rooster would ...but if I forget the broom for a 1/2 day he gives it a try again puts his claws into back of my leg.....hard headed

8. Roxannemc

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    AWWEE poor little thing! Curious is this chick Evil and the aggressive 3 week old the same breed?

9. Roxannemc

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Odd thing to me...my mean roos are usually the best looking of the roos of that breed. Don't know if its accidental or not. but then you hate to sell them and let an inferior but sweet roo take over.
    Oddly my 2 mean ones are both Lavender but different breeds.
    Dont know if the lavender gene comes with a mean streak or not! But a third lavender Amercauna roo is sweet just not as pretty... OH well..

10. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Yeah well they have the same dad, unsure if same mum:/ oh that's weird, well this evil chick black with a little yellow, my other aggressive one was pure yellow chick, I thought it was going to go white, but it's gone all sorts of colours!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by