Evil neighbor! Need to find the flock a new home. PICS Added

They are such a happy little flock, I hate to separate them. The roosters always seem to be the lookouts for hawks. Would the 2 hens be ok alone?

dont let him push you around! if they are legal he cant do anything about it...if he harms your chooks u can sue him.....i would write him a letter explaining the fact that it is legal to own the chickens there so he cannot force u to do anything fight for ur rights! ask him if he would get rid of his kids if they were loud all day? but seriously its really immature yelling like that...

Quote:
Exactly. He's a bit of a blowhard, your legal and legit, so he can stuff it. Put a good lock on the coop, and if the neighbor keeps behaving like a fool, turn him in for verbal harassment.

Your hens will be perfectly happy without the rooster, I would rehome him and continue to enjoy owning your hens. There is not much my neighbors could yell that would make me get rid of my chickens.

I hate neighbors anyway.
he.gif

Life is short. If you enjoy your chickens, then keep them. If you are worried about keeping the peace, get rid of the roosters and add a few more hens. Break your neck to say hello to the ***hole next door every single day, even if he doesnt "hello" back, and bake him some brownies. DONE. If he still complains, tell him to shut his pie hole and get a few more chickens
tongue2.gif
Some people are just miserable no matter what. If you are happy, and your chickens improve your quality of life, dont let some jerk ruin it for you
smile.png

There is no reason to re-home your whole flock.

If re-homing your rooster will restore some peace with that picky neighbor, then find another home for the rooster. Your hens will be fine, you might even add another hen or two to your flock.

But only if there is no other choice. After all, you don't want your neigbor to think they can push you around.

Good Luck, let us know what happens.

Good grief... if a dog barked ONCE at 10:30am and someone called Animal Control they'd be laughed out of town.

Why is a bird any different.

Hmm... HEY... maybe y'all have an annoying mockingbird. I know there's No Way blue jays, robins, pigeons, etc are ALL up calling at 2am... pretty much convinced it must be a mockingdemon... nothing I can do about it, but there ya go. If there's one in your area it could be duplicating the roo's call after hours, and since you're used to it (kinda like we are with the train whistle?) then you may not notice?

I'd definitely mention mockingbird to the moron... and tell him if he screams at me again then I'm calling in to report a rabid nuisance yapping animal.

Quote:
While normally I would agree with everyone who has replied who say tell the one bad house to shove off, in this case I'm going to advocate something slightly different. Go to each and every one of your neighbors. Don't just hit the people who's yards hits yours, but everyone on your block, all the way around your block, and on the opposite side of the street all the way around your block. Find out if any of them have any problems with the crowing. Or if any of them even know that you have chickens! Take a copy of the city ordinances/laws that deal with having poultry in your location. If people ask why you are asking, simply tell them that you are trying to be a good neighbor, and so far only one person in your area has complained at all, and instead of dealing with it nicely this person went straight to animal control and threatened you in person after animal control made a visit. Do not mention names, address or anything. Just play the good neighbor card. Do your best to find out if anyone else is upset by it, or just this one neighbor. After you get your "survey" completed, go to the one family that has a problem and let them know that out of everyone in the area, they are the only ones who have a problem with your legally owned property. And, at the same time invite animal control over. Have them in the backyard with you. Keep them there for an hour or more, while your chickens run around and do whatever they normally do during the day. Do not do anything different with them. Serve animal control cookies made with the eggs, and lemonade or something :) Let them see what the true situation is for themselves so when they get another call they know how to handle it, and make sure you document the entire thing. But don't, ever, give in. Be nice, Be polite, Kill them with happiness and kindess, but never give in. If you do, they will run you right out of town and you will always regret it.

Matthew Ryan

Back
Top Bottom