Evil Rooster FREE - East TN

Unfortunately I can't free range the other flock as they fit through the fence and half of them are not friendly enough to ever catch again (ha ha ha). Their pen is not large enough for any "integration"....they are actually a bit overcrowded, waiting for the new pen to be built (posts are up, roll of mesh is sitting waiting for weather that will not give me heat stroke in 20 minutes).

The Evil Rooster was completely uncooperative today and also managed to jump into the baby brooder when I had the door open to get his lady out of her area. By the time I got him out, all the babies were traumatized and he had lost some tail feathers. I could not get him into the pen so he is loose today. I am going to list him on craigslist right now, free to anyone who can take him, because if I have to deal with trying to wrangle him and his girl in and out of that pen one more day I will go insane. As it is, my dog will not be able to go outside at ALL today as I won't be able to catch that darn rooster until he comes in for "bedtime" and my dog would eat him if I just let him loose....

If anyone wants him, better post in the next 8 hours!

Well the Evil Rooster is still available. The only interest I have had on Craigslist has been inappropriate (home with small children looking for passive and friendly rooster).

He will drop a wing and dance at me from across the yard and even when I am up on the deck 10 feet above him, just looking out over the yard. He took a run at my big shepherd mix today (who was on a leash), so I have no doubt he will stand up to protect his girls when he is older (he still backed off when my dog went at him). I still pick him up every night and morning to get him in and out of the night shed, and he tolerates this without biting, surprisingly. He is really starting to "sow his oats" so to speak, and so I need to get him his own group of ladies ASAP.

Anyone in East Tennessee area looking for a burly roo? Or free dinner?

Still no luck, huh? Have you asked your local feed store if any breeders, or farmers would be interested? They always seem to know who would be interested. Or if they are like mine, there is a peg board for flyers. Print out a couple with pics, and pin them up at feed stores. Everybody likes "FREE"!

Last edited:
Well Nella maybe it's time for crockpot to live up to his name. Sounds like he is causing more trouble for you than enjoyment. I would hazard to guess that it would be hard at first, but you would be relieved after it was over. Time to integrate the girl into the other flock and just be done with it.

(Warning this may be an unpopular opinion!)

Nobody wants Dr Evil! Although I did not post him as Free on Craigslist.....that will be the next step, I guess. I was hoping to find someone who wanted him for a group of girls, but I am thinking he might just have to be dinner instead. The other night I let his girl out before him. She eventually followed me to their night shed and got put away. As their day pen is slightly downhill and behind the garage, once she was over the crest of the hill she was "out of sight" for the Evil Rooster. When I eventually let him out to go to bed, he was running around the yard "calling" for her and looking for her. He must have heard her or gave up, as he then went over to the garage and waited to get put away.

I am getting ready to start working on a bigger pen for my other ones, so I may end up with a temporary space for him, but want to find a new home eventually no matter what.

[eta: insiderart, you posted while I was typing...I have no issue with him living up to his name, but I can't do it myself. someone else can take him and make him dinner if they want....the next craigslist post will be for a free chicken dinner]

Last edited:
I do have to admit, he gets me so irritated that one of these days I just might off him myself. I threaten him daily with "I'm going to eat you! Prepare to be dinner!" when he is mean
smile.png

My neighbors must think I am craaaaaaaaazy.

I can barely kill those giant ants, pretty sure a Rooster would be a bit much for me
wink.png

Last edited:
Nella,
I will be in the Knoxville area on Saturday. I can change his name from Crockpot to Colonel Sanders. I would be coming back thru there in the mid afternoon.
Lori

The Evil Rooster has been invited a 4th of July barbeque and has accepted the invitation! He will be ready and waiting for his limo to arrive and pick him up on Saturday....

Back
Top Bottom