Evy’s Eggventures

Some updated pictures! My girls are getting so big and so pretty. I’ve convinced myself that they will start laying any day now, even though the oldest (Rosie & Bean) are just 16 weeks old today. Realistically I think it’ll be around 18-20 weeks, but I’m still hopeful.
I bought leg bands for the girls so that my family could tell them apart.
Red- Rosie
Yellow- Chunky
Green- Cricket
Blue- Bean
Purple- Penny
White- June
IMG_8671.jpeg
IMG_8675.jpeg
IMG_8676.jpeg
IMG_8683.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It’s been hot this week and the girls are struggling! High of 95°F today and super humid. The last super hot day this week thankfully. Definitely not as hot as where some of you live though! I’ve been giving my chickens frozen corn and I’ve been freezing one of their waterers and that seems to be helping.

Some updated pictures! My girls are getting so big and so pretty. I’ve convinced myself that they will start laying any day now, even though the oldest (Rosie & Bean) are just 16 weeks old today. Realistically I think it’ll be around 18-20 weeks, but I’m still hopeful.
I bought leg bands for the girls so that my family could tell them apart.
Red- Rosie
Yellow- Chunky
Green- Cricket
Blue- Bean
Purple- Penny
White- June View attachment 3590562View attachment 3590563View attachment 3590564View attachment 3590579View attachment 3590570View attachment 3590574

It’s been hot this week and the girls are struggling! High of 95°F today and super humid. The last super hot day this week thankfully. Definitely not as hot as where some of you live though! I’ve been giving my chickens frozen corn and I’ve been freezing one of their waterers and that seems to be helping.
Beautiful flock! ❤ The Australorps won't start laying until week 24-26, they take longer to mature. Stay cool out there! ❄

Did any of the mystery eggs ever hatch?
No :(
I’m not sure what happened. They all died off slowly and then like three at one time. I recalibrated the calibrated thermometer and it was perfect, and I did the humidity the same as always. So maybe my temperature spiked or something 🤷‍♀️
Very disappointing but oh well, you win some you lose some. I’ll try again next year

No :(
I’m not sure what happened. They all died off slowly and then like three at one time. I recalibrated the calibrated thermometer and it was perfect, and I did the humidity the same as always. So maybe my temperature spiked or something 🤷‍♀️
Very disappointing but oh well, you win some you lose some. I’ll try again next year
That sucks. Last year I forgot to turn the turner on, so they all died. The eggs were free, so it wasn't like I had done that with ayam cemani eggs that cost $200. Better luck next year.

Back
Top Bottom