EXACT dosage for selenium and vitamin E for chicks with wry neck?

Ok, I have a 2 year old chicken with wry neck. I just got Animed Vitamin E and Selenium liquid feed, but I'm not sure what dosage to administer.The directions say to add to feed at a rate of 20oz per ton of feed for a finished feed.

Do you think 1ml of the vitamin e and selenium mixed with another ml of water would be ok?

The vitamin e and selenium is really a miracle cure. My chick came out of it in just a few days. The formula is in this thread.I just sprinkled about a 1/3 rd of the capsule into its food each day. The capsule was a combination of vitamin e and selenium. I also fed chick medicated chick feed and spinach. Both contain vitamin e.

I found a good way to get the Vitamin E into the chicken. I bought the one that says Vitamin E in "prelacaps" with Selenium. It's easy to make a small incision into the the perlecap with something sharp. I squeeze the oily stuff into the open end of a syringe. Then I cook some elbow macaroni. I then inject the brown stuff into one end of the pasta until it comes out the other end. My sick chicken ate them up without any struggling.

Hello, thanks for the advice. I don't see any selenite or Selenium on the label. What I ended up doing was guessing and mixing honey, water, three drops of Poly Vi Sol, some egg yolk, 1/8 a tablet (maybe even less) of Selenium, and one full capsule of vitamin E. Sometimes I doubled the amount if I put in too much water. I fed it to the chick with a medicine dropper, and it actually worked. I saw improvements in a couple days, but kept giving it to him for about a week after. He's now a healthy adolescent chick. What is interesting is that he is smaller than all of his brothers and sisters, though he was born at the same time. I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if the mixture stunted his growth. He did have some bleeding on the way out of the egg....But anyway, he's doing good. I think I got lucky with this, because I treated it at the first signs rather than waiting until it was horrible to treat it.
Are you doing this just once a day? This just happened to one of my chicks and I’m trying to figure out what to do.

One of my Siciliana chicks (2 days old) is putting its head down and rolling and walking backwards sometimes, i gave it some squished up noodle with vitamin e oil (from a human capsule cut up 1000iu) but it only ate a small few specks. So i wiped some of the oil on to its legs. I am getting some human selenium delivered tomorrow and will make up a mixture in a syringe and try that out.

there are some specific sellers selling gel for wry neck in poultry. I found the info below in their treatment:

Vitamin E (min)………………………200 IU
Selenium (min)………………………23.2 mcg
Twice daily if treating for wry neck for up to three weeks
Excessive amounts of selenium may be toxic.

I got some Selenium 150mcg cheap off amazon and had 1000iu E on my shelf.
So i made up a syringe and will feed 1/5 of my mixture twice per day mixed with yolk

Back
Top Bottom