examples of a breed standard silkie?

The little one finally decided to eat. She had her crop empty for soo long it was worrying. When i offered it by hand she would eat happily. But when I showed her the feeder she stopped. I fed her with my hand over the feeder and once she realize she is eating from the feeder she stops.

After a while of doing that though, she finally started eating from the feeder! Yay! Have to say, the brahma is bossy though. He pecks the silkies to show them who's boss, guess they are getting adjusted. Sometimes they all spin around though in panic think its the tall tub. So i let them out in the room for a bit and let them back in, eventually they settle in.

Any recommendations on what to do when they are panicking and spinning around? At this time they usually also try to jump out of the brooder. And it is not tiny, but it’s nothing like the room they were in. Ill try to get them some grass to give them something to do. Maybe they are ok but their shreeking screams worries me. Never really heard chicks this panicked. Maybe because i usually either get older birds or eggs.
How old is the Brahma they're with? Do they have a hiding place to avoid pecking?

great news! the recovering pullet (had a broken leg) has accepted the younger chicks. Maybe because she was lonely being away from the others. The brahma chick who is half her size decided to show her whos boss and she just accepted it (maybe because of her condition right now). The silkies seem to be below her in the pecking order though as she does the stare when she wants the food all to herself. She is accepting of the silkies sleeping under her so it seems everything might be going well. Nobody is pecking anyone, just fake pecks to tell eachother whats up.

Back
Top Bottom