Excellent bedding for baby ducks/geese!!!

The only negative thing I can possibly think of, is that after the horses are out in the snow and then go inside and roll in the bedding...they kinda look like they've been breaded with shake'n bake. LOL but it shakes right off.

That's very funny
lau.gif
We need a visual with that!!!! PICS please.​

So, what is the main difference between stove pellets and horse pellets?

Wifezilla- what part of Lowes did you find this stuff? like is what section?

I built my duckies a brooder out of wood and i am using horse wood shavings... They work alot better than puppy pads or pine shavings. It doesn't seem to smell as much. I am converting the overly large brooder i made to a copp for sleeping once the babies are big enough. SO i'll be looking for a good bedding. I would like to know the differences in look, price, color, etc between the two different pellets...

I'm totally an urban girl, and will sound stupid, but what do poeple put pellets in a stove for? lol

bedding pellets are made of pine and nontoxic to animals.
Wood fuel pellets may have any combination of wood in them and some wood is toxic.

Read the label carefully.

wifezilla, had to ask what? lol...

and thanks... that store is huge and with my knee problems it's no fun walking around the entire store trying to find what you are looking for... lol

Just at TSC and was told that they would not have any wood pellets for horses till the middle of Feb. Had lots of wood syove pellets but I was told by folks in the store that it had an accerlant on it. I check the package and all it said was 100 percent wood.
Found some at another farm store.
A Shake n' Bake horse!!
lol.png
Too funny!!

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
They make a woodstove that burns wood pellets - is cleaner and easier than going out and cutting your wood (and stacking some in the house for use).

Most, if not all, of the pellet stoves have an automatic feeder on them as well, so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to stuff the stove!!​

Back
Top Bottom