Excessive peeping?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    We have a little partridge rock that I swear peeps in her sleep.
    I believe she is 3 weeks old and is a pullet.
    They have fresh water and food every moment of the day. The temp is right on. They arent over crowded. And she is never alone. Yet still. she is constantly peeping the same "tune" over and over. Oh wait a minute. Silence !!!

My BO's and Cochin are not nearly this talkative. Nor is the Australorp. does this mean she is a he? She seems to be ok health wise

2. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    I think it means she is a vocal bird! I would not worry if she is warm and fed, I am sure that is just the way she is.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'd have to agree with tvtaber. If everything is right in her world and she's still peeping; it's probably just her. I have one that's always walking around talking to herself. And yes, mine is a hen.

4. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

If it is loud peeping that can be a sign of being stressed.

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    Quote:No. I can tell the stressed aka "I have a shaving and the bigger girls want it" chirp from her constant babbling. It's kinda like having a kid that just talks constantly. Actually, that is exactly what it is like. Between Ingrid and my daughter there is no peace.

6. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Ever had guineas? I swear they start peeping in their shell [​IMG] Finally they'll all fall asleep except one, PEEP, and it starts all over again [​IMG]

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    Quote:LOL No. But that is what it is like with this one. All quiet and peaceful then PEEP and tada all 6 are awake and it starts all over

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I know what you mean.. i think mines over peep to and there night chicks.. they sleep all day and up all night keeping me up... like right now all 3 chicks are sleeping but soon it gets dark they will be up peeping away and stay up till daylight leaving me with 5lbs bags under my eyes...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by