Exchequer Leghorn eggs - MD

peachick

Songster
12 Years
Aug 8, 2007
Maryland 21787
My trio of Exchequers are pumping out the eggs now. I swear sometimes they lay twice a day! Nice large white eggs.
These are Stunning birds. Black and white mottled, bright red combs, yellow legs..... out on the green grass they really catch your eye! Exchequers are rather rare... although I cant figure out why. They are extremely healthy birds. I havent lost one yet! Chicks come kicking and screaming out of the shell..... its so nice to have something this easy...
I'll sell a dozen eggs with shipping $30 total. paypal to [email protected]. The first dozen is ready now.
If you can pick up, I have chicks available.

2131063080_c1a6b42dce_o.jpg

2418907850_67a54a3804_o.jpg

Oh, goodness, they are PRETTY, Kat! Thanks for posting!

I'm assuming from your initial post that they don't lay well in winter; am I wrong? Thanks!

Last edited:
thanks. Im scanning through my photos I KNOW I have more current pics of them. they really are stunning birds.... I guess maybe I'll run out and try to get some more :)

They did not lay all winter. but they had their first molt in the late fall, Im assuming that had a lot to do with it. I did expect them to lay more through out the winter... maybe this year.

Last edited:
The birds are stunning...but the best part about the last pic is the nosey goose trying to get a peek at what you are doing over the pen partition!
lol.png
Very cute.

Back
Top Bottom