Excited about a new adventure!

VerdaMaeFarms

Hatching
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Euless, TX
Hi all!! I am brand new to BYC and chickens all together! My hubby and I are excited to get our coop designed and constructed so we can bring home chicks and embrace all the fun everyone on here seems to be having with these great additions to the family! I'm open for suggestions on all facets of the BYC experience, so please feel free to share!

We are located right between Dallas and Fort Worth TX and, like I said, are just entering the world of chicks.

Looking forward to making new friends and learning lots!

thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you joined us! Best of luck with your new adventure with chickens.

Best advice I've seen so far is build that coop as big as you can afford, because you are bound to get struck by an insidious disease known as Chicken Math and will end up with more chickens than you intended! Sadly there is no known cure for this mysterious illness. It appears to strike early on in chicken keeping, watching all those adorable little fuzzy butts playing and doing their cute chicken stuff and before you know it you're thinking... just a couple more( get used to that thought!) Another opportunity occurs when you see a chicken that is simply so beautiful you MUST have one for your flock.. but one of anything would be lonely, right? You want her to have friends who look just like her, so, well of course, you buy 5, cuz one or two might be a roo and three friends are always better than one and chickens should be had in EVEN numbers so everyone can have a best buddy...... you're starting to see how this works, right? Great! Now, go forth and gather as many chickens as you can!

Last edited:
Welcome to chicken obsession:) We are in the same boat and excited as well. Whoda thunk chickens were so neat!! Good luck and enjoy it here. Info for newbies is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom