Excited About Joining This Fun Group

KernH

Songster
8 Years
Sep 9, 2014
Newman, Ca.
My name is Kern Hunewill. I am 63 years old and have lived in my home town of Newman, Ca. all my life. I was raised by my grandparents on my mother's side. They were the best parents anyone has ever had. I am married to the most perfect woman on this planet. We have been married for 41 years and together for 45 years. Every day I say to myself many times that I am the luckiest man in the world. We have two adult kids that we had chickens for when they were young. Now we have 4 granddaughters that can come to our house and enjoy the fun of having chickens (our kids spouses don't want the chickens in their yards). We have 6 chicks that are six weeks old and 6 chicks that are three weeks old. They are so cute. I built a nice large house for them and they have a large outside area also. My wife and I own a small hardware/lumber store in Newman. The business is 126 years old. I have worked there since I was 12 years old, 51 years. I love to fish, garden, play golf, hunt, and go to the movies with my wife. I have been a Rotarian for 37 years and have perfect club attendance. I am also a volunteer with the Northern California Golf Association as a course rater. I know I will enjoy conversing with everyone on this site. Kern

Alright Kern,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Sounds like you have lived a charmed life so far
thumbsup.gif

frow.gif
Hi Kern, glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens. You might enjoy a thread called "Old Folks Home," you don't have to be a senior - lots of fun spirited people - topics change by the moment.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a lovely intro! I used to run and manage a small hardware store down here in Alamogordo, NM for many years. Mostly fasteners, (bolts, screws, nuts, rebar, construction hardware, ect...). Very interesting job that was for a woman. Ha!

Enjoy all your adventures in life and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Kern. Glad you decided to join our flock. You and your family sounds a lot like me and my family. My grandparents raised my in the early years of my life, and even afterward, I spent all summer and every holiday with them. I have been retired for 6 years now and my wife and I have been married almost 40 years. Raising chickens is a great experience for children (like granddaughters). :eek:) My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves chickens and helps me take care of ours. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks do you have?

Back
Top Bottom