Excited, eager and scared!!

zebra2u

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Whatcom County Washington
Hello everyone, I am a new chicken owner. My chicks are 2 weeks old. I have lots of questions about my babies. I have 4 gold sex linked chicks and haven't a clue what that means. We handled them all the time and talk to them constantly to get them used to us. I don't really know what I am doing but I already love BYC and know that I have lots of help.
Thanks Everyone

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

images

Welcome to BYC!

No need to be scared! I know what it is like to be a nervous mommy, but they will have you trained up in no time!!
wink.png

Sex links are chickens that can be sexed by feather color. Each color differentiates males from females. Great that you are handling them. This will help to tame they up greatly. They will still be skiddish for a couple more weeks, but keep handling them, carry they around the house, get them on the floor and sit with them, and in no time they will be very friendlied up for sure.

It might help you to do some reading in our learning center here on BYC. The more you know, the less scared you will be...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy your new babies!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new chicks! TwoCrows gave you the link to the Learning Center, a great place to start reading!

Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I was going to use them for eggs then meat, but the meat part has went away now that I have met them!
Viola
Yes, once you see those cute fuzz balls, eating them seems completely out of the question. LOL Enjoy your babies!

Back
Top Bottom