Excited! Got the 8 X 8 shed kit for coop

This is the one that I bought for a hen house. It literally comes in a tiny little box. You just provide the wood. It tells you what wood to get. It provides the brackets, screws/nails and instructions. It's like putting lego's together on a much larger scale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x4-Basics-Easy...0444009QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

This is the one that my husband is going to purchase from Northern Tool. It's a ilittle different and he will be getting three to make a much larger shed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fast-Framer-Uni...2582117QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

hope this helps
smile.png

may not be started until next weekend. Hubby has fallen ill with some sort of chest cold or flu. SUCKS too, because this is going to be a beautiful week. Was already a beautiful day.

014.jpg

019.jpg

Here is a couple pictures of our coop we built using the fast framer kit. You can see the stainless steel brackets. It went up very easy in about a day. Good Luck!

Yes it is the Fast Framer Shed Kit from Northern Tool. I am not advertising for them, you can get one almost anywhere. It comes complete with all the brackets, materials list and instructions. The wood cost around $650 by the time we bought it all, but someone with connections or recycling could do it cheaper. We used a permanent marker to label each 2x4 after we cut it so we could keep everything in order. It is very simple though. You cut each piece first then it is like lincoln logs or tinker toys....Good Luck!

I am so glad I came across this thread. I'm in the planning stages of a walk in run. I have NO DIY skills and was dreading the build. This is going to make things soooooooo much easier. I'm glad I was able to see pictures other than those on the suppliers web site (they looked bigger there) Now I know I need 2 kits and instead of wood I will attach weld mesh to the frame and viola. A walk in run. Thanks:)

I made my run out of pressure treated 4x4's and built a gate on one end. It is about 6 feet tall, 8 feet wide and 10 feet long. 7 - 8 foot pt 4x4, 6 - 10 foot pt 2x4 and 6 8 foot pt 2x4. If you keep everything on even measurements with the welded wire you are going to use it will make it easier.

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

Back
Top Bottom