Excited! Just ordered Chicks from Ideal.

Usually when hatcheries send chicks this time of year they put a heating pad in like a foot warmer or hand warmer similar to what you would put in gloves or socks.

I just say so because my office apparently doesn't have the ability to call 😅

We can show up whenever and ask if the chicks came in and they'll be like "oh yeah, we were wondering when you were going to get them. They're so loud." 😑
My post office has never called.
I just show up on Thursday mornings because I know they are there waiting.

It's been a long time since I ordered any hatchery chicks. I have years ago ordered from Ideal and the chicks arrived fine. The post office did call me to let me know the chicks were there. At least they don't have far to travel since you live in Arizona and Ideal is in Texas.

Thank you for that info.
On Monday I gave my post office a note with a message saying that I will get chicks this week with my name, number, address and saying I will pick them up.

I will definitely be there Thursday morning to check and see if they have them.
I'm ready for them.
I’m in almost the same situation (CA rather than AZ though) Thanks for posting this question — I’ll be heading to the post office as soon as I’m off work to give them a card with info. Are you giving the PO your tracking number too?

Usually, in my past experience my phone number was on the label. I think most hatcheries do put the phone number on the labels. Several years ago I ordered Rhode Island Whites from Ideal. They weren't true RIW's, they sent me single combs and true RIW's are rose comb. I did grow them out and they went in with my general population so I didn't use them for breeding. They did put my phone number at the time on the label. It never hurts to call the post office and tell them you are expecting chicks. Good luck and have fun with your new chicks...
20201028_101541[1]Rev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom