Excited Newbie from SC...

Palmlilly

Chirping
Apr 13, 2015
So...semi-new to chickens. My dad has had 'em for years, but this will be our first "alone" venture. Finally moved where we can start our little homestead. Chickens, bees and worms for far.

We started with 6 bantams from TC a week ago this past Saturday. They were 2 weeks (ish); lost only one.
When I went back to get the replacement, I came home with 2 (they were the most unique and the lady said the replacement needed a buddy since these were only a day old. So she through in an extra for free).

So far everyone is growing like weeds. We aren't sure of what they are, other than a few Cochin (pretty sure one is a roo), one silkie and no idea what the last 2 cuties are.

Just moved the older ones out to their big brooder, since they were in my soaking tub, they love the additional room.

I will be adding a few more pullets this week. Hopefully some colored egg layers.

Looking forward to learning more about these little guys and pretty sure I will be checking in for advise here and there!!

Hi and welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join BYC! Congratulations on your new chicks. Bringing home new babies can be so exciting (and addicting)! I've really enjoyed keeping my bantams. Sorry to hear that you lost one of them.
hugs.gif

If you want to know what breeds/gender they are, just post some photos. We'll be happy to help identify them! Post here: What Breed Or Gender is This?

Colored egg layers are great fun to have. Good luck with getting yours!

Welcome to our community and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we have!

Hi and welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join BYC! Congratulations on your new chicks. Bringing home new babies can be so exciting (and addicting)! I've really enjoyed keeping my bantams. Sorry to hear that you lost one of them.
hugs.gif

If you want to know what breeds/gender they are, just post some photos. We'll be happy to help identify them! Post here: What Breed Or Gender is This?

Colored egg layers are great fun to have. Good luck with getting yours!

Welcome to our community and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we have!
Thank you, I have posted... no luck yet, but I am sure someone will know.
thumbsup.gif

Here the last 2 we got. I will get pics of the first 5. One of the 5 is a silkie, the others???? but I will get you pictures all the same.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom