Excited to be here! Total chicken rookie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheBlaireCrew, Aug 24, 2016.

1. TheBlaireCrew

TheBlaireCrew Just Hatched

Aug 24, 2016
    Ocala, Florida
    Hi everyone. Super excited to be part of this community after lurking for a couple of months. My family and I are total chicken rookies. Ordered our first batch from mcmurrays in June. After our first bunch got lost in the mail (they never did arrive) we received our replacements on June 22. Ordered 15 and got the "free rare exotic" add on so started with 16. One didn't survive the first night and we had to cull one after a couple of weeks because of a crooked beak that was getting worse by the day [​IMG]
    Anyways my family consists of myself, my husband and our 6 children. We just bought a house on 4 acres in April and have been adding to the headcount ever sense! We have the 14 chickens, 3 ducks, a leopard catahoula puppy and a bunny so far. Looking to add a lamb pretty soon (for 4h).

2. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :frow Hi, and welcome to BYC!
    So sorry to hear about the order that never came, but I'm glad they sent you replacements!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. 8MerryHens

8MerryHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC. Animals and children make such great combinations. Hope your critter collection continues to grow and thrive and your children enjoy 4H. I have great memories of showing dairy cattle. I got my first flock in April and a few have started laying eggs - it was so exciting to find that first egg. I know you and your family will be impatiently waiting for that day to come!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, the Learning Center above, is the best place to start a poultry education.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, BlaireCrew, and :welcome. Glad you joined our community. Sounds like you have a lot going on! Best wishes to you and the crew. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by