Excited to join:)

Thriftymom6

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Northern Indiana
Hello fellow chicken (& turkey) lovers! I have learned so much from this website already, I am excited to join. I am a city girl who moved to the country. Loving it here in the quiet. We started our chicken and turkey adventure last spring when our son asked us if he could gets some chickens. We said sure build the coop first (he was a senior at the time). We assumed this would put a stop to it:)
The following weekend he pulls me to the barn and shows me the baby chicks and turkeys he bought from TSC. We slowly built the coop over last summer, and in the process fell in love our flock. Well our oldest son moved out and we still have our 7 hens, 1 rooster with a horrible disposition, and Bob & Cinderalla our turkey couple.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

I think the mean rooster should meet the soup kettle. So many really nice roosters out there that deserve a good home but, aren't allowed in most areas. It's not worth the aggravation keeping a bad one.

When you have 20 posts , you can participate in the BYC buy,sell,trade forum. You wouldn't believe the number of quality cockerels that are available. It's really a buyers market, and some are a few dollars, some free.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I agree with DD. There are so many lovely cockerels out there looking for good homes, it's just not worth hanging on to a mean one. Especially if he's human aggressive.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! X3 I don't tolerate mean roosters. They are destined for the stew pot the first time they come after me. And if they are aggressive with the hens, that is another strike against them.

I would definitely stop by or Buy Sell and Trade section here on BYC and maybe you can find yourself a sweeter boy...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Great to have you aboard and we all welcome you to BYC!

Thanks for all the great advice! He has to be gone soon we have some chicks coming and I am afraid of what he would do. He picks at everyone now. I've seen my turkey after him for picking on the hens, Bob has a low tolerance for bullies:)

Back
Top Bottom