excited to make first post

Titania

Songster
9 Years
Sep 28, 2010
Oklahoma City
I live in Oklahoma and just started with my first flock this past summer, a small flock of 4 hens. I live in the city & am an outlaw as they are not allowed yet in OKC. But, it seems like a noble way to break the law for the first time, no? Sadly, I just lost my first flock to a mystery predator. It had never occurred to me to come on this forum to ask questions and get some really useful answers!! I don't know many people who raise chickens...all my friends think I'm crazy b/c they're from big cities and my neighbors think I'm crazy b/c poultry raising is SOOO blue-collar here in OK. I'm excited to get input & help from other people who have fallen in love with beautiful poultry. I've ordered some eggs from gabbard farms & have a new brinsea eco octagon incubator waiting. Time to start over & hopefully learn from my mistakes!

welcome-byc.gif
This forum is a GREAT place to get advice - good luck with your new eggs!

Welcome! You eill get lots of friends here on BYC so you wont feel lonely. Be sure to check out your state's thread in the "where am I where are you?" section. You might even find another outlaw like yourself! Terri O

Wow, so many friends already!! Thank you for your responses.

I forgot to answer some of the questions that are suggested.

My other hobbies are cooking, gardening, music (piano,flute), rock climbing, photography, yoga, crafting (paper crafts, jewelry, knitting), SCUBA diving, and, of course, reading! Oh, and home renovation DIY projects.
I have two children, 4 year old daughter, and 2 year old son. My husband is a resident physician in a radiology program which will keep us in Oklahoma for 2 more years, and then who knows after that. We have a little Jack Russell puppy, 3 months old, named Winston. They keep me busy so I go to my hobbies for peace & relaxation.

Back
Top Bottom