excuse me, please

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
I have a BIG green f-150 with a lift kit. My truck is really big. I suggest if you are standing/walking in the road, you might want to move if I am approaching you. My truck is much bigger than you are. If this is not enough to convince you to step aside, consider that my 15 year old is most likely to be driving said truck. Stay in the way at your own risk!

Seriously, is it that hard to step aside when a vehicle is coming towards you in the road? I mean, isn't that just common sense? At least three times today I had to swerve around people who were either standing or walking in the road. They see you coming, and just continue with what they are doing. Shaking head...I just don't know anymore.
he.gif

Not sure what state you hail from but here, people in the road have the right of way - whether they should be there or not. To be honest, if I was walking across the street and you were in such a hurry to get past me, that you had to swerve? That would be a strong indication that you are traveling too fast.

roll.png

Me & My Peeps :

Not sure what state you hail from but here, people in the road have the right of way - whether they should be there or not. To be honest, if I was walking across the street and you were in such a hurry to get past me, that you had to swerve? That would be a strong indication that you are traveling too fast.

roll.png

I am certain she is NOT talking about someone crossing the street, and if you are rude enough to continue to walk down the middle of the street when there is a vehicle behind you, well, you get what you are askin for.​

IMO, roads are for vehicles, not humans and animals. Anything in the road is a "wannabe dead thing".
roll.png

ETA: I will swerve to avoid animals.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Here it is the teenagers that just mosey on down the middle of the street, making us drive 5 MPH. Then they flip us the bird when we honk. Just a week ago someone who was doing that got killed by a car that didn't see them (at night, wearing all black). Sidewalks are there for a reason people!

Me & My Peeps :

Not sure what state you hail from but here, people in the road have the right of way - whether they should be there or not.

Did you know if you kill a pedestrian in Tulsa, OK, you won't even get a ticket? OK, I guess the limit is Two kills per person as I saw someone kill three Bicyclists and he got in trouble.

I say if a pedestrian is walking down the side of the road, and a vehicle can't scoot over, YOUR to blame.
However, if said pedestrian is in the middle of the road and refuses to share, run him over.​

Quote:
Would your insurance and the cop writing the ticket feel that way, too?
Being 15 is no excuse.

I understand that, and we all swerve around them. I just get tired of people not taking those few steps to move over when they are in the road. My 15 year old is a good driver, and would move way over well ahead of time.

Quote:
Here it is the teenagers that just mosey on down the middle of the street, making us drive 5 MPH. Then they flip us the bird when we honk. Just a week ago someone who was doing that got killed by a car that didn't see them (at night, wearing all black). Sidewalks are there for a reason people!

This, debiraymond, is what I am talking about. Exactly, they aren't crosssing the road, they are walking down it. In the winter time, it is dark when I take my kids to the bus. Almost every day I have to dodge kids/teens running across the road dressed in all black. It's the main road in town, so a lot of cars there. It makes me a nervous wreck. People just don't care anymore.

Quote:
Huh, well im glad I live where I do then!
big_smile.png
I wonder if everyone would share that same attitude if it was their kid wrapped up in somebody's wheel well. I tend to think that suddenly the feeling would be, that the driver should have been paying attention and "poor Johnny" didnt have a chance.

If your in THAT much of a hurry, your either driving an ambulance trying to save a life or you need to leave 3 minutes earlier. In today's society, people are less and less aware of whats going on around them. Unfortunately, the answer is to find a way to live within it, not drive with the purpose of teaching everyone a lesson.

Just my opinion
old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom